The first episode will be published on April 15th, 2018.
- Publish the first episode on April 15th, 2018
- Publish 13 episodes by July 8th, 2018 consistently
- Take a 2 week break on July 8th, 2018
- Continue publishing episodes starting July 29th, 2018 consistently
- Publish 7 episodes (20 in total) by September 9th, 2018 consistently
Road map will be updated over time.
What’s this hashtag about?
#WebsiteAWeek is a concept I came up with where I imagine a make-believe company hired me to develop a website for them and the deadline is one week. This is my adaptation of the song-a-week musical artists are doing nowadays. Given that I’ve recently began designing websites, the first ones might not be as good as I’d like them to be, but over time I’m going to get better at it.
Why are you doing this?
The main purpose behind this concept is documenting my journey into web development. Other reasons, among many others, include building credibility as a web developer and entertainment to whoever is interested. Gary Vaynerchuk inspired me to put my action before my mouth. In other words, he helped shape my state of mind to stop talking and start doing without caring about people’s opinions.
About the Format
All of the episodes of #WebsiteAWeek are available in video and textual formats. Video episodes are located on my YouTube channel while textual episodes are located on my blog. The episodes will be recorded during the week and posted every Sunday. Furthermore, here is a summary of what’s going on in these episodes:
- Creating a make-believe company
- Deciding on the layout of the website
- Deciding on the color palette
- Developing the website
- Cleaning up the code and polishing the website
- Publishing the source code
There will be commentary when going through each of these steps in both formats.